- Select an electric generation provider.
- Contact the provider. If you are switching back to AEP Ohio after having been with different provider, call us at 1-800-672-2231.
Be ready to provide your Service Delivery Identifier (SDI) Number found on your AEP bill.
- The SDI is not your account number. It is a unique 17-digit number found on the charges section of your bill.
- If you have multiple accounts, you must provide an SDI for each account you are switching.
- The provider must notify AEP of the switch 12 days prior to the scheduled meter read date.
- The date AEP Ohio receives the request from the provider will impact the effective date of the switch.
Look for a letter from AEP to confirm your intention to switch.
- If you wish to proceed with the switch, no action is needed.
- If you change your mind and wish to stay with your current provider, notify AEP Ohio within 7 days from the postmark date. You will stay with your existing provider -- CRES provider or AEP Ohio.
- When you change to a CRES provider, note that your bill will still come from AEP Ohio because
AEP still supplies the transmission and distribution services. Look for a line item on your bill that indicates the
new provider of your electric generation.
If you decide to switch back to AEP Ohio
- Call 1-800-672-2231
- Look for a letter from AEP Ohio, confirming the date of your return to AEP Ohio’s Standard Service Offer.