Marble Cliff Project
Since our community open house in March, we’ve finalized plans to upgrade and expand our Fifth Avenue substation in the Village of Marble Cliff. With phase one now complete, this multi-phase project continues in order to meet the growing capacity needs of the area.
In early June, we’ll begin phase two of our work as outlined below, pending any weather-related delays.
Please visit this page for regular project updates and for answers to frequently asked questions.
Week of May 30
- A temporary fence will be installed around the construction site to ensure safety and will remain throughout the duration of the project.
- Heavy machinery and equipment will be delivered in preparation for demolition of the vacant building on-site.
Week of June 6 - Mid July
- The vacant building on-site is set to be demolished early in the week of June 6 using an excavator, pending any weather-related delays. The demolition process will take approximately two days to complete.
- We’ll send out an automated phone call approximately 24-48 hours before demolition begins. Please make sure your phone number is up-to-date at AEPOhio.com/Account.
- Continued clean-up of the construction site will last four to six weeks, including the removal of asphalt.
Once phase two is completed, we’ll begin the next phase which includes grading the site to prepare for the installation of new station equipment.
Temporary disruptions of Fifth Avenue at the site will be required to complete necessary work during the construction process. We’ll coordinate with local traffic control to minimize the impact, while working to ensure the safety of the community and our crews.
We’re committed to keeping you informed as we move through each phase of this improvement project and will share more information about what you can expect each step of the way.
Frequently Asked Questions