Community Assistance Program
You may be eligible for free energy efficiency and repair services for your home if:
- You are enrolled in the Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP), Home Weatherization Assistance Program (HWAP), or Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP); and
- Your gross income at or below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines.
You may receive:
- A home energy assessment
- Attic and wall insulation
- Air sealing
- Compact Florescent Lights (CFLs)
- Refrigerator replacement
- Other energy-saving improvements
To participate or for more information please contact your local agency or call 1-800-672-2231.
|Size of Family Unit||Yearly Gross Income|
For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $10,400 for each additional person.
- For apt buildings 50 units or less: If 50% or more of units are rented by eligible customer and are individually metered, the entire apt building and all units shall be eligible residence.
- For apt more than 50 units: If 50% or more of units are rented by eligible customer and are individually metered, the community based agency will have to receive written approval from AEP before performing service.
- For owner occupied apt buildings of 4 units or less: If the owner is the eligible customer, the entire apt building and all units shall be eligible residence.
AEP Ohio funds this program to supplement state and federal income-qualified weatherization programs.