Get instant, in-store discounts when you purchase ENERGY STAR® certified compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) at participating retailers, including Home Depot, Lowe's, Costco, and Sam's Club.
We also offer in-store discounts of up to $10 on select ENERGY STAR® certified light emitting diode (LED) bulbs at participating Costco, Home Depot, Lowe's, Menards and Sam’s Club stores located within our Ohio service area.
Receive immediate discounts on CFLs and LEDs in our online SMART Lighting Store. You’ll find a large selection of energy-efficient lighting and specialty CFLs and LEDs here.
There is a 12-bulb limit per purchase. Membership at Costco, Sam's Club or BJ's is required to receive a discount at those stores.
Today's CFLs and LEDs are available in a variety of options such as size, color,
light output, wattage, indoor and outdoor.
- Use about 75 percent less energy than a standard incandescent light bulb and last 10 - 30 times longer.
- Can save you about $50 over the life of the bulb (based on a 60-watt replacement at $0.11 per kWh).
- Provide a bright, pleasant light.
- Fit in almost any indoor and outdoor fixtures.
- Produce about 75% less heat making them safer to operate.
- Help protect the environment.
Learn more about the features and benefits of ENERGY STAR certified lighting at
the below listed stores.
CFLs contain a small amount of mercury and need to be disposed of properly,
preferably recycled. Most Home Depot and Lowe's stores recycle CFL bulbs.
Check with the store in your area to make sure they accept them. Recycling kits
are also available through the on-line store.
To learn more, visit:
Program funding is limited. Participation will be on a first-come, first-served basis.