start a new service account
AEP Ohio, be ready to provide:
- Your service location
- When you want to begin service
- Information about you and your account
- Billing and service information
- A security deposit
If you're a current
customer and you're moving within
or to another AEP company, you can quickly and easily
transfer your service to a new location.
Close your account with
You can modify your electric service
- Repositioning your existing meter and/or electric service drop
- Removing your existing meter and/or electric service drop
- Removing temporary electric service
- Removing an outdoor light leased from
- Upgrading your electrical service to provide power for a newly-installed electrical
appliance such as a heating or air conditioning unit
Request Letter of Credit
Are you looking for credit references? We can send you a letter of credit based
on your history with us.
Meter Reading Schedule
- Learn to read your meter
- Track your usage
- View your schedule
Note: Your meter may be read 1 business day before or 1-2 business days after the
Learn about customer choice in Ohio.
If you're in charge of a building project,
can give you:
3rd-party Authorization For Business Accounts
Business account holders can give 3rd parties authorization to access their energy usage information.
Ohio Customer Handbook
Get answers to questions about your electric service, including your rights and
responsibilities as a customer in the AEP Ohio Handbook.